The number of concurrent users of JapanKnowledge Lib has increased from 4 to 10.
About JapanKnowledge Lib [NetAdvance]
- Kyoto University Library Network > Databases
- Please turn on the plug-in before accessing the database.
- After the using, please click the Logout button at the top right corner of the page.
[Electronic Resources Section, Main Library]
Sorry, this entry is only available in Japanese.
[Library Network] Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive: 21 Materials On Natural History Owned By The Biological Science Library, Faculty Of Science Have Been Released
Twenty one materials on natural history owned by the Biological Science Library, the Faculty of Science have been released. These are rare materials that cannot be found elsewhere, including fine botanical illustrations and manuscript research records.
▼The Age of Natural History
Surveys of Japanese Plant specimens in several European Herbaria by G. Koidzumi
- Plantae Japonicae Thunbergianae (RB00031713)
- Plantae Japonicae Musei Botanici Lugduno-Batavi (RB00031841)
- Revisio Plantarum Japonicarum Musei Parisiensis (RB00031842)
- 在蘭佛日本植物範型考索引 (RB00031843)
- The revisions of the type specimens of Japanese plants preserved in the various herbariums of Europa and America (RB00031844)
Original drawings by T. Yamada for "Trees and shrubs indigenous in Japan proper, vol. 3" (searchable)
Natural History and Taxonomy related Books
- Flora Sibirica, sive historia plantarum Sibiriae, Tomus 1 (RB00031715)
- Fundamenta agrostographiae (RB00031716)
- Historiae Naturalis de Arboribus et Plantis (RB00031717)
- 壇朝顔通 (RB00031718)
- llustrations and descriptions of the plants which compose the natural order Camellieae, and of the varieties of Camellia japonica, cultivated in the gardens of Great Britain (RB00031719)
- llustrations of the Botany and Other Branches of the Natural History of the Himalayan Mountains, and of the Flora of Cashmere (RB00031720)
- Vierundzwanzig Vegetations-Ansichten von Kustenlandern und Inseln des Stillen Oceans (RB00031721)
- Hymenophyllaceae Javanicae; sive descriptio Hymenophyllacearum archipelagi Indici, Iconibus illustrata (RB00031722)
- A history of the British hydroid zoophytes. Vol. II.―Plates (RB00031723)
- Monographie der Medusen, Theil 2 (RB00031724)
- Hooker's Icones plantarum; or, figures with descriptive characters and remarks, of new or rare plants, selected from the Kew Herbarium. Fourth series. vol. 8 (RB00031725)
- Kunstformen der Natur, Zweite, versurzte Auflage in 30 Tafeln (RB00031726)
- A Monograph of the Snakes of Japan (RB00031727)
- 原色版 日本蛇類圖譜（和文テキスト）・（図版） (RB00031728)
- 原色版 日本蛇類圖説 (RB00031729)
The restoration and digitization of these rare materials were funded by the Global COE program "Formation of a strategic base for biodiversity and evolutionary research" from 2010 to 2012 and the digital data was publicized in the "Biological Science Library Digital Archives" website operated by the Faculty of Science. The data has this time been transferred to Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive, a university-wide platform to make digitized rare materials open access.
As of October 9, 2020, the Digital Archive provides 1,372,575 images of 17,663 titles.
【Yoshida-South Library】 Guidance session on how to gather and manage academic materials (10/19,21,23,26,28,30)
Sorry this session is Japanese only.
Medical Library will be closed on Oct. 14th due to the Faculty of Medicine’s Anatomy Ceremony.
We apologize for your inconvenience.
Closed：Wednesday, 14 October, 2020
- Please use the book post, when you return materials.
(Except for the books with CD or the books from other libraries)
- Library of Human Health Sciences is open as usual.
【Library Network : for faculty members】Request for recommendations of eBooks for student use in the second semester
※Recommendation form closed. Thank you for a lot of eBooks recommendations. (Oct. 19, 2020)
※Added about eBooks ineligible for recommendation. (Sep. 15, 2020)
Due to the current situation regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), most courses in the second semester of AY 2020 will continue to be provided online. The Library Network provides students with eBooks for home study. To help us provide a wider range of eBooks, we would like to ask for your recommendations of eBooks that you think would be useful for students.
Persons eligible to make recommendations
All Kyoto University faculty members (Including part-time lecturers)
eBooks eligible for recommendation
・eBooks that will be used for liberal arts and sciences (ILAS) courses in AY 2020, or that will be useful for students taking those courses.
・eBooks that will be used in undergraduate courses in AY 2020, or that will be useful for students taking those courses.
・eBooks that would be useful for undergraduate students studying at home.
eBooks ineligible for recommendation
・Complete works, journals (including back numbers), newspapers
・Study guide, workbooks, self-help books and books of hobbies and practical use
・eBooks that extra costs will be charged next year (ex: contract maintenance fee, platform usage fee)
How to make a recommendation
the recommendation form
Note: if you wish to recommend more than two eBooks, please enter the titles in order of priority.
Deadline for recommendations
Finished. Thank you for a lot of eBooks recommendations.
October 16, 2020
・eBooks will be purchased in the order that recommendations are received.
・We may not be able to purchase all of your recommendations due budget limitations and order of purchasing priority.
・We will endeavor to purchase recommended eBooks that could not be purchased in this budget period in a subsequent budget period.
・We cannot purchase eBooks which are not sold to academic institutions. Please refer to the list of titles which are sold to academic institutions at the "For reference" below.
・eBooks purchased will generally only be accessible by one user at a time.
Acquisition and Cataloging Section, Kyoto University Library
Email: shiryoseibi660 [@] mail2.adm.kyoto-u.ac.jp
・Titles which are already owned by Kyoto University can be searched via KULINE.
・List of titles which are available to academic institutions
Titles are sorted by platform and classified by type. Please use the classifications to narrow down the lists. Some titles are provided in multiple platforms
*Please note that the files are large, so downloading them may require some time.
*Due to the large size of the files, they may not be viewable on some smartphones and tablets.
[Japanse books] (Excel, approx. 18MB）
On-campus access only
・List1 Provided by the Maruzen eBook Library
・List2 Provided by the KinoDen
・List3 Provided by the EBSCO eBooks
[Non-Japanese books 1] (Excel, approx. 13MB）
On-campus access only
・List1 Provided by the Brill, the Cambridge, the Oxford, the Taylor & Francis, the Wiley, the World Scientific（titles published after 2015 only）
・List2 Provided by the EBSCO eBooks（titles published after 2015 only）
[Non-Japanese books 2] (Excel, approx. 66MB)
On-campus access only
・List1 Provided by the ProQuest eBook Central（titles published after 2015 only）
・ Although the number of eBooks available to academic institutions is smaller than the number available to individuals, it still comprises a very large number of titles. The lists include only a partial selection of the eBooks that are available, so please do not hesitate to recommend eBooks that are not included in the lists, and we will check their availability.
Your help and cooperation is greatly appreciated. Your recommendations help us to enhance our eBook collection, and will also be used as reference when requesting publishers to provide digital versions of their books.