Study Room 24
* The opening hours of the "Study Room 24" are currently shortened to prevent spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) .
For more information, please visit here.
*After October 2022, you can study in the "Study Room 24" even after the library is closed. We will change some operations as follows.
You can study here almost the whole day.
Wireless LAN is available. Outlets are available on each desk.
It is NOT possible to check out or return library materials in the study room.
Please be sure to check them out in the library before entering the study room.
Hours of use
- Monday to Thursday：9.30 am - 8.30 am (next morning)
- Friday ：9.30 am - 9.30 pm
- Weekends & Holidays：10 am - 7 pm
- The day library is closed：CLOSED
The day before a holiday, the study room will be opened until 9.30 pm.
9.30 am - 8.30 am (next morning)
9.30 am - 9.30 pm
10 am - 7 pm
|CLOSED||Closed from 8.30 to 9.30 am. for cleaning.||
Closed other than the above.
University members only
- The "Study Room 24" is only available to Kyoto University members. Faculty, staff and students of Kyoto university may use this area.
How to enter and exit
- When entering or exiting the "Study Room 24", it is necessary to identify yourself by means of your IC Student Id, Authentication IC Card or Library Card.
- In the case of entering (or exiting) the study room without swiping or touching your card, it will not be possible to exit.
Please be sure to swipe or touch your ID card at all times even if the automatic door is already open.
- You cannot use the study room without your IC Student Id, Authentication IC Card or Library Card.
- During the daytime, please use the restrooms located in the reading room of the library.
- During night time hours (9.30 pm - 8.30 am), it is not possible to enter the library area beyond the "Study Room 24".
Please use the specially designated after-hours restrooms.
- Both in the "自学24" and the "なごみ", only the drinks with caps which can shut tightly are allowed. No food allowed.
- Smoking and drinking are prohibited.
Security and Safety Measures at Night
- To ensure safety, there is a security camera as well as a watchman present during night time hours.
To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Infection
- Please always wear a mask, wash your hands and disinfect your fingers.
- For ventilation, the door between the "自学24" and the "なごみ" is always open.
In addition, we will open the windows regularly to ventilate the study room.
- Please use the seats that are not marked as unavailable.
Please Obey the Rules
- Please be QUIET, and DO NOT LEAVE your personal belongings on the desks so as not to bother others.
- Those who behave inappropriately may be prohibited from using the library in the future.
【Main Library Circulation Section 2023.1.20 Last Updated】