Please use KULINE (OPAC) to search for books and periodicals held at the Faculty of Law Library.
You can access books in accordance with the following location list.
Before using the library
- Bags are not permitted. Please leave all personal belongings in lockers. Only books, stationary, laptops and valuables can be brought in.
- Eating, drinking, smoking, taking photos and speaking on the phone are all prohibited.
- We have some copy machines in the library. The copy machines can only be operated by using the COOP prepaid card.
- KUINS-Air (for Kyoto Univ. members only) is available in the reading room.
The Basic Collection holds reference books, law and related books, Japanese law reports and major law periodicals.
- 2F Open Books・Reference books・Journals
This collection is available for short-term loan only. You can check out material only during opening hours.
- 2F Government
In the ‘Government’ section, up to 5 books / week can be checked out.
Stack rooms and periodical section
All the KU faculty, staff, and graduates can access the stack rooms and periodical section. Please show us your ID at the counter to obtain access.
Undergraduates, auditors, and visitors cannot enter the stack rooms or the periodical section. Please fill out the application form (KU Only) to request the materials you require. The staff will then locate them and bring them to the counter. This service is unavailable from 12:00 – 13:00 on weekdays.
- B2, B1, 2F Journals, LooseLeaf, Reports
You can check these materials out only during opening hours.
- 2F, 3F, 6F, 7F Books
Almost all books are available. More details can be found here.
- 7F Rare Books・Hatschek’s・Tuhr’s・Thaner’s・Jescheck’s
If you are planning to see or take photographs of the materials in special collections or rare books, a special application is required. Please ask us how to register. As the registration process may take time, please plan accordingly before you use these materials.
Please fill out the application form if you need any of the materials housed in the stack rooms at the Central Bldg. (location: ‘Deposit’). The staff will prepare them for you within a few days.
As it may take time to prepare them, please allow enough time to receive the materials.
The materials in the ‘Law School’ section are not available.
You can check these materials out only during opening hours. These materials are kept in the periodical section.