In order to prevent COVID-19 from spreading within the facilities, Our Library implements the following measures:
Admission to the library is limited to Kyoto University members (including graduates and retired faculty and staff) only.
The application process for visits by non-KU members is as follows.
Foreign students and researchers belonging to a Japanese research institute
If you are planning to visit, please submit a reference letter through your institute’s library. When visiting, please bring your ID and a copy of your reference letter. You have to produce your ID to see the materials.
Before you visit, please ascertain if the digital documents you want are available, or the holdings of a nearby library.
If you can’t find the materials you want, please submit the following application for a visit by e-mail. We will send a visit permission’ letter. When visiting, please bring your ID and a copy of the letter. You have to produce your ID to see the materials.
- Our service hours are from 9 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. on weekdays. As it may take some time to respond to your inquiry, please plan accordingly before you visit.
- You can search our collection on KULINE, our online catalog.
- Visitors cannot enter the stack rooms or the periodical section.
- E-books, e-journals and databases are not available to visitors.
- Smoking, eating, and taking photos in the library are prohibited.
- We have some copy machines in the library. The copy machines can only be operated by using the COOP prepaid card. If you would like to make copies and pay in cash, you have to go to the copy corner located in the Clock Tower. The copy corner is open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on weekdays, and from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturdays. You can also buy a COOP prepaid card there. It is about 3 minutes’ walk from Law Library to the Clock Tower. The cost is 10 yen per 1 sheet.