You can submit a purchase request, if there are books you would like to add for the Law Library.
Please request books for studies or researches which are appropriate as book collection of the library. We decide which books to purchase according to our collection development policy.
- Undergraduate student of Faculty of Law
- Graduate student of School of Law
- Graduate student of Law School
- Graduate student of School of Government
- Assistant Professor / Researcher of School of Law
- Only books and e-books can be requested (journals are excluded).
- You can only request e-books for institutions. E-books for personal (such as Kindle) can’t be purchased.
Depending on the applicant’s status, the book will be placed as the following locations in principle.
|Undergraduate student of Faculty of Law
|Library 2F Open books
|Graduate student / Assistant Professor / Researcher of School of Law
|Graduate student of Law School
|Law School / Library Stack
|Graduate student of School of Government
|Library 2F Government
If you want to place it elsewhere, please specify it when you apply.
How to Apply
Please come to the Law Library during opening hours.
If you can’t come to the library, we accept applications by e-mail.
Please contact us with the following information
ukeire03*mail2.adm.kyoto-u.ac.jp (Please change * to @)
- Number of Student Card
Requested books will be kept at the counter fo r the specified period. (Stacks: 2 weeks, Government: 1 week) We will keep the requested book at the library counter. Please come to the counter when you recieve a notice from the library.
You can’t borrow the book of Law School. But we will purchase the same book in the stack. If you want to borrow the book, please let us know when you apply.
”Open Books” are Short-Term Loan only. They cannot be kept at the counter.
- Due to the budget and other factors, it is not always possible to satisfy your needs.
- It may take some time for the requested book to become available. The books which are requested from January to March might be purchased after April.
Law Library: ukeire03*mail2.adm.kyoto-u.ac.jp (Please change * to @)