Books in general use may be available from a public library or university in your vicinity.
- Kyoto Prefecture Libraries Union Catalog Union catalog database of all public libraries in Kyoto Prefecture.
- Calil Union catalog database all public libraries in Japan.
- NDL Search You can search multiple digital archives in Japan by conducting an integrated search.
Some material in image data format is freely available to the public on the Internet.
- National Diet Library Digital Collections The NDL Digital Collections enable you to search and view a variety of resources, collected and stored by the National Diet Library of Japan. In some of the Kyoto university libraries, you can use limited-access NDL Digital Collections only available at partner libraries. Please check the ‘About the NDL Digital Collections for partner libraries’ page for details.
- Google Scholar
- Institutional repository
Find Other University Library’s Resources
If the members of the Faculty of Law, LS and the School of Government are planning to visit other libraries, please refer to the sites.
- CiNii Books This database enables you to search for information on academic articles published in Japan.
- CiNii Articles You can search for information on books and journals that are held in the libraries of Japan’s universities.
- KULINE Cross Search In the [Cross Search] tab, you can search for the following sites.
NDL Search, WorldCat, British Library, CiNii Books, Webcat Plus, Google Books, the libraries of nearby universities, Kyoto Prefectual Library, Kyoto City Library, amazon.co.jp and Union Catalogue of Early Japanese Books powered by the National Institute of Japanese Literature.
- NDL Online National Diet Library Online Catalog
- DOORS Doshisha Online Retrieval System
- RUNNERS Ritsumeikan Online Public Access Catalog