ILL from other institutionsIf resources are not available on campus, you can order a photocopy or borrow a book from another library.(charged) ※Interlibrary Loan Services (ILL) are only for university members.
How to apply
- Please make a request online. If you have any problems, please ask at the Interlibrary Access Desk (weekdays, 9:00-16:45).
- For students who belong to the Faculty of Agriculture, the Faculties at Yoshida Minami [Yoshida-South campus], the Faculty of Medicine, the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Center for Informatics, submit your request from your local library.
- When you make a request at the main library, you can use only private expenses. For payment at public expense, please ask your affiliated library. If the department does not have a library, inquire at the Interlibrary Access Desk.
- Cancellation after an application may not be able to be performed.
- Some books may not be available to be borrowed, such as bound books, books out on loan, and resources owned by a research laboratory.
ILL Online Service
- Check the following PDF pages about "Guide to Interlibrary Loan Services"
- Whether or not someone can use this service depends on the faculty to which they belong and method of payment. Some faculty libraries do not take advantage of online services.
- Please check "List of Libraries which accept Interlibrary Loan Request / Kyoto University Library Network Online Services".
- Befor ordering, please check Guide to Interlibrary Loan Services
Ordering a photocopy from another library (charged)
- Photocopies of resources owned by a domestic or foreign university library, National Diet Library, or a special institution, etc. can be ordered from the library.
- When looking for journals, please be sure to check the E-Journals List.
- You can order 10 requests per day.
Ordering a Book from another library (charged)
- A book that is not in the University's collection can be borrowed from a domestic or foreign university library, National Diet Library, or a special institution, etc.
- You can borrow only 1 item at once.
- In principle, journals can not be borrowed.
- Some lending libraries require that borrowed materials be used in the borrowing library only.
Charge and Waiting period
|Charge||photocopy||It costs 35-60 yen per page plus postage. Please note some libraries require additional charges.|
|loan||Postage is required both ways (Both when receiving and returning material). Please note some libraries require additional charges.|
|Waiting period||It takes about 1 week to obtain material. Waiting period varies depending upon the lending library and materials requested.|
Standard: About 2,000 - 8,000 yen* Please note some libraries require additional charges.
Average: About 5,000 yen
Standard: About 8,000 - 20,000 yen* Please note some libraries require additional charges.
Average: About 12,000 yen
Standard: 1-2 weeks for early arrival, 3-4 months for longer. Sometimes, it takes more longer.loan
Standard: 3 weeks to 1 month for early arrival, 3 to 4 months for longer. Sometimes, it takes more longer.【User Service Section 2023.06.15 Last Updated】