[Kyoto University Library Network] 1,851 new rare materials including Kawai Collection publicized in Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive
One thousand eight hundred and fifty-one titles of rare materials, including 996 titles of Kawai Collection, Meiji Restoration Collection, Fujikawa Collection and Hiramatsu Collection, have been newly publicized in Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive, in which a total of 5,570 titles are available as of today.
1,851 new rare materials including Kawai Collection publicized (Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive - News)
Kawai Collection consists of Korean classical manuscripts and books collected by Dr. Hirotami Kawai. Kyoto University bought the collection from his family in 1919 and since then has preserved it as one of its rare collections.
In 2015, Kyoto University Library, the Institute for Research in Humanities, Kyoto University and the Research Institute of Korean Studies, Korea University concluded an agreement on the cooperation for the investigation of Korean classics Kyoto University Library holds, the digitization of them and the compilation of metadata for them.
We have published 996 manuscripts digitized based on this agreement. The remaining manuscripts and books will also be available in this digital archive in the future.
- [Databases] Full text searching of Asahi Shimbun is newly available on Discovery (August 2018) (2018-08-09)
- [Eng. and Lib. Network]Rendering and Construction News About a New Library at Katsura Campus (2018-08-08)
- Added: [Maintenance]ProQuest Databases and RefWorks (Aug 19) (2018-08-06)
- [Maintenance]Library Network Service (KULINE etc.) will be suspended from 9:00 a.m. August 13 to 9:00 a.m. August 15 (2018-07-31)
- [Library Network] Summer Libary Hours 2018 (2018-07-27)
- [Library Network] Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive: Transcription data added to 244 items such as Kawai Collection, Korean classics (2018-07-26)
- [Library Network] Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive: ”Rare Collection on Islamic Studies” held by ASAFAS released (2018-07-20)
- [Maintenance]RefWorks (July 14,15) (2018-07-11)
- We will extend the opening hours during the examination period (2018-07-04)
- [Kyoto University Library Network] Would you become a contributor to our digitization projects? - "Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive Fund" set up (2018-07-02)