Kyoto University Library Network has joined the International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF) Consortium
On December 6, 2016, the Kyoto University Library Network has joined the International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF) Consortium that manages the development of IIIF technologies and the growth of the community.
Kyoto University has over 6.9 million volumes collection, including a designated National Treasure and numerous Important Cultural Properties. The Kyoto University Library Network is currently engaged in digitizing its academic materials, which include rare manuscripts and old books, and making them available online, in order to help preserve them and to contribute to academic and cultural development at the same time.
With IIIF technologies, we expect that we can enhance the user experience of image presentation and image interoperability. The Kyoto University Library Network will participate in IIIF activities and support the development of the international framework.
- The Kyoto University Library Network has expressed its interest in participating in the International Image Interoperability Framework
[Kyoto University Library Network]
- KURENAI (Kyoto University Research Information Repository) is ranked 3rd in the world (2020-09-25)
- 9/23 updated [Library Network]The change of service measures to prevent spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) (2020-09-24)
- 【Online Workshop】How to use online reference management software"EndNote Basic"(9/29,13:30-) (2020-09-18)
- Service restored - [Maintenance] Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive (September 16, 2020) (2020-09-10)
- 【Library Network : for faculty members】Request for recommendations of eBooks for student use in the second semester (2020-09-09)
- 8/26 updated [Library Network] Expanded access to e-resources during the COVID-19 outbreak (2020-09-01)
- [Service Restored][Library Network] Services provided by Library Network will be temporarily suspended on Sept. 6, 2020 (2020-08-18)
- 【附属図書館】終了しました：臨時自習室 空席情報のお知らせ (2020-08-17)
- [Library Network] Study Room available at the Clock Tower Centennial Hall (2020-08-06)
- 【Main Library】【Learning Support Desk】 July 13th - 22th "Online Report Workshop：Report, LaTeX, Document Management" (2020-08-06)