Kyoto University Library Network has joined the International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF) Consortium
On December 6, 2016, the Kyoto University Library Network has joined the International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF) Consortium that manages the development of IIIF technologies and the growth of the community.
Kyoto University has over 6.9 million volumes collection, including a designated National Treasure and numerous Important Cultural Properties. The Kyoto University Library Network is currently engaged in digitizing its academic materials, which include rare manuscripts and old books, and making them available online, in order to help preserve them and to contribute to academic and cultural development at the same time.
With IIIF technologies, we expect that we can enhance the user experience of image presentation and image interoperability. The Kyoto University Library Network will participate in IIIF activities and support the development of the international framework.
- The Kyoto University Library Network has expressed its interest in participating in the International Image Interoperability Framework
[Kyoto University Library Network]
- [Library Network] The report "KU Library Network Response to COVID-19" has been published. (2021-01-15)
- 1/15 updated [Library Network] Expanded access to e-resources during the COVID-19 outbreak (2021-01-15)
- [Maintenance] Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive (March 10, 2021) (2021-01-13)
- [Maintenance]ProQuest Databases (Jan 31) (2021-01-13)
- 1/8 updated (Library Network) The change of service measures to prevent spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) (2021-01-08)
- Solved!: [Trouble] ArticleLinker, E-Journal and E-book list (Dec. 16) (2021-01-08)
- Solved!: Trouble: Elsevier ScienceDirect, Scopus Temporarily Unavailable (4 Jan) (2021-01-04)
- The "NDL Digital Collections for partner libraries" is suspended for the maintenance (January, 4). (2020-12-28)
- [Online Lecture] How to write acceptable English scientific papers -from the viewpoint of publisher- (January, 13) (2020-12-18)
- 【新入生サポート企画】「大学生の本の選び方～文献収集のその前に～」（12/3）「実践型：キーワード検索から文献を見つける方法」（12/7）を実施します！-学習サポートデスク- (2020-12-18)