Kyoto University Library Network has joined the International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF) Consortium
On December 6, 2016, the Kyoto University Library Network has joined the International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF) Consortium that manages the development of IIIF technologies and the growth of the community.
Kyoto University has over 6.9 million volumes collection, including a designated National Treasure and numerous Important Cultural Properties. The Kyoto University Library Network is currently engaged in digitizing its academic materials, which include rare manuscripts and old books, and making them available online, in order to help preserve them and to contribute to academic and cultural development at the same time.
With IIIF technologies, we expect that we can enhance the user experience of image presentation and image interoperability. The Kyoto University Library Network will participate in IIIF activities and support the development of the international framework.
- The Kyoto University Library Network has expressed its interest in participating in the International Image Interoperability Framework
[Kyoto University Library Network]
- 【Online Workshop】13rd-14th, May "Spring Workshop Series" vol.1 - Learning Support Desk presents - (2021-05-07)
- [ONLINE Lecture] How to use the "eol" database (May 17-24) (2021-05-06)
- 5/6 updated [Library Network] Expanded access to e-resources during the COVID-19 outbreak (2021-05-06)
- [Library Network] About user support during holidays 2021/05/01 - 2021/05/05 (2021-04-30)
- [Library Network] Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive: Images of 2,033 items from Fujikawa Collection were provided for the Database of Pre-Modern Japanese Works (2021-04-21)
- (日本語) 【復旧しました】【図書館機構】問い合わせフォームが利用できません (2021-04-16)
- 【Online Workshop】23rd, April 14:00- "How to use KULINE" (2021-04-14)
- 【Online Workshop】22nd, April 17:00- "Tips on Application for JSPS Research Fellowship for Young Scientists (DC)" - Learning Support Desk presents - (2021-04-14)
- 【New Database Available】Lexis, Oxford English Dictionary Online, ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global, Waka &Haikai Library (2021-04-12)
- [Main Library] Rare Materials exhibited outside Kyoto University during AY2020 (2021-04-08)