[Advance Notice] Important: E-Journal and Database Authentication System will Change
From April 2023, the E-Journal and Database Authentication System will be changed from the "dedicated plug-in" method to a new system using the cloud-based proxy server service.
If you are using the “dedicated plug-in” on Google Chrome, please set up the new authentication system by January 2023, as the current plug-in may not be available at the end of December 2022.
Details on the system's start date and how to set it up will be announced at the end of November 2022.
Important: [Setup Manual available] E-Journal and Database Authentication System will Change
https://www.kulib.kyoto-u.ac.jp/bulletin/1395632?lang=en (Posted: 2022/11/30)
1. System Overview
- The new authentication system uses a cloud-based proxy server service that acts as an intermediary between the user and the e-journals/databases.
Through the new authentication system, you can access e-journals and databases not only from within the university but also from off-campus.
- Single sign-on with ECS-ID/SPS-ID is possible by linking with Kyoto University Integrated Authentication System.
2. Changes from the current “dedicated plug-in” system
- The new system will be available on Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox as well as Microsoft Edge and Safari.
- The new system will be available on smartphones and tablet devices.
- By clicking the bookmarklet on the e-journal or other website and authenticating with your ECS-ID/SPS-ID, you will be able to access the full-text contents via the new authentication system.
3. How to set up and use the new authentication system
- Details on the system's start date and how to set it up will be announced at the end of November 2022.
- Bookmark the new authentication system (Bookmarklet) *First time only per browser
- Access to e-journals, e-books and databases
- Click on the bookmarklet of the new authentication system
- Authenticate with the Kyoto University Integrated Authentication System
- Access the full text contents of e-resources, etc.
- Close your browser to log out of the new authentication system
4. Schedule for transition
- The new authentication systems will be able to be set up from the end of Nov. 2022.
- End of use of the Google Chrome version of the dedicated plug-in system at the end of Dec. 2022
- Both the current (Mozilla Firefox version only) and the new system will be available from Jan. 2023 to the end of Mar. 2023
- Complete migration to the new authentication system (End of use the current plug-in system) on Apr. 2023
For inquiries, please contact:
E-Resources team, Kyoto University Main Library
- Service restored -[Maintenance] Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive (Sep. 15-19) (2023-09-13)
- [Library Network : for KU members] Introduction of the Transformative Agreement with Wiley and APC Discount (2023-09-06)
- 【Library Network : for faculty members】Request for recommendations of eBooks for student use in second semester AY2023 (2023-09-01)
- [Library Network] [Important] KULINE (KU Libraries Catalog) will be renewed in August 21, 2023 (2023-08-22)
- [Library Network] Shortened URL of the bibliography after KULINE renewal (2023-08-21)
- [Database] Science of Synthesis Roadshow (Sept. 8) (2023-08-07)
- [Library Network] Conditions of Use and Licensing Restrictions for E-Resources (2023-08-04)
- [Library Network] All 98 itmes from the Canh Phuoc Collection held by the CSEAS has been newly released. (2023-07-31)
- [Library Network] Summer Library Hours 2023 (2023-07-24)
- 【Library Network】7/20：The recording of the lecture is now available. Online Workshop "Introduction of Article Search and Automatic Creation of Citation lists"（7/13） (2023-07-20)