【Main Library : for faculty members】Request for recommendations of eBooks for student use in AY2021
※Recommendation form was closed. Thank you for a lot of eBooks recommendations. (Apr. 6, 2021)
The Kyoto University Library Network provides students with eBooks for lectures and their studies.
To help us provide a wider range of eBooks, we would like to ask for your recommendations of eBooks that you think would be useful for students in AY2021.
Persons eligible to make recommendations
All Kyoto University faculty members (Including part-time lecturers)
eBooks eligible for recommendation
・eBooks that will be used for liberal arts and sciences (ILAS) courses in AY 2021, or that will be useful for students taking those courses.
・eBooks that will be used in undergraduate courses in AY 2021, or that will be useful for students taking those courses.
・eBooks that would be useful for undergraduate students studying at home.
eBooks ineligible for recommendation
・Complete works, journals (including back numbers), newspapers
・Study guide, workbooks, self-help books and books of hobbies and practical use
・eBooks that extra costs will be charged next year (ex: contract maintenance fee, platform usage fee)
How to make a recommendation
the recommendation form
*If you wish to recommend more than one, please enter the titles in order of priority.
Deadline for recommendations
Finished. Thank you for a lot of eBooks recommendations.
March 31, 2021
・We will proceed with the purchase procedure in the order of recommendation acceptance in consideration of the budget situation and order of priority.
・eBooks will be available between late March and early May. Please check KULINE of their availability.
・The recommender will be informed only in the case if the recommended eBooks will not be able to be purchased.
・We cannot purchase eBooks which are not sold to academic institutions. Please refer to the list of titles which are sold to academic institutions at the "For reference" below.
・eBooks purchased will generally only be accessible by one user at a time.
・We will purchase books listed in syllabus of ILAS course sequentially after April. If you need eBook version, please make recommendation from the recommendation form.
Acquisition and Cataloging Section, Kyoto University Library
Email: shiryoseibi660 [@] mail2.adm.kyoto-u.ac.jp
・Titles which are already owned by Kyoto University can be searched via KULINE.
・List of titles which are available to academic institutions
Titles are sorted by platform and classified by type. Please use the classifications to narrow down the lists. Some titles are provided in multiple platforms
*Please note that the files are large, so downloading them may require some time.
*Due to the large size of the files, they may not be viewable on some smartphones and tablets.
[Japanse books] (Excel, approx. 20MB）
On-campus access only
・List1 Provided by the Maruzen eBook Library
・List2 Provided by the KinoDen
・List3 Provided by the EBSCO eBooks
[Non-Japanese books 1] (Excel, approx. 0.5MB）
On-campus access only
・List1 Provided by the EBSCO eBooks（Best sellers in 2020）
[Non-Japanese books 2] (Excel, approx. 69MB)
On-campus access only
・List1 Provided by the ProQuest eBook Central（titles published after 2015 only）
・ Although the number of eBooks available to academic institutions is smaller than the number available to individuals, it still comprises a very large number of titles. The lists include only a partial selection of the eBooks that are available, so please do not hesitate to recommend eBooks that are not included in the lists, and we will check their availability.
Your help and cooperation is greatly appreciated. Your recommendations help us to enhance our eBook collection, and will also be used as reference when requesting publishers to provide digital versions of their books.
- 【Online Workshop】23rd, April 14:00- "How to use KULINE" (2021-04-14)
- 【Online Workshop】22nd, April 17:00- "Tips on Application for JSPS Research Fellowship for Young Scientists (DC)" - Learning Support Desk presents - (2021-04-14)
- [Main Library] Rare Materials exhibited outside Kyoto University during AY2020 (2021-04-08)
- [Main Library] Service status of the Main Library (2021-04-08)
- [Main Library] Our Services of the Main Library after 8th, April 2021. (Published date: 9th, March, Last updated date: 5th, April) (2021-04-05)
- 【Library Network】New post on our website: Open access / open science support : Open access to research results (papers and research data), bulletins, and rare materials (2021-04-01)
- (日本語) 【図書館機構】2021年度図書館機構 新入生歓迎企画「京大図書館、はじめの一歩」 (2021-04-01)
- [Library Network] Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive: New post on our website: How to make rare materials open access (2021-03-25)
- [Main Library]コロナ下の大学図書館サービス・日米情報共有会報告 (2021-03-17)
- [Main Library] RefWorks cancellation (2021-03-16)