【Library Network : for faculty members】Request for recommendations of eBooks for student use in second semester AY2021
※Recommendation form was closed. Thank you for a lot of eBooks recommendations. (Oct. 18, 2021)
The Kyoto University Library Network provides students with eBooks for lectures and their studies.
We would like to ask for your recommendations of eBooks that you think would be useful for students in second semester AY2021.
Persons eligible to make recommendations
All Kyoto University faculty members (Including part-time lecturers)
eBooks eligible for recommendation
・eBooks that will be used for liberal arts and sciences (ILAS) courses in AY 2021, or that will be useful for students taking those courses.
・eBooks that will be used in undergraduate courses in AY 2021, or that will be useful for students taking those courses.
・eBooks that would be useful for undergraduate students studying at home.
*We will purchase books listed in syllabus of ILAS course sequentially. If you need eBook version, please make recommendation from the recommendation form.
* We cannot purchase eBooks which are not sold to academic institutions. Please refer to the list of titles which are sold to academic institutions at the URL below:
eBooks ineligible for recommendation
・Complete works, journals (including back numbers), newspapers
・Study guide, workbooks, self-help books and books of hobbies and practical use
・eBooks that extra costs will be charged next year (ex: contract maintenance fee, platform usage fee)
How to make a recommendation
Finished. Thank you for a lot of eBooks recommendations. Please use
the recommendation form
*If you wish to recommend more than one, please enter the titles in order of priority.
*eBooks purchased will generally only be accessible by one user at a time.
Deadline for recommendations
From September 16th, 2021 to October 15th, 2021
*We will proceed with the purchase procedure in the order of recommendation acceptance in consideration of the budget situation.
Estimated date of availability
・eBooks will be available between late September and early November. Please check KULINE of their availability.
*The recommender will be informed only in the case if the recommended eBooks will not be able to be purchased.
Acquisition and Cataloging Section, Kyoto University Library
Email: shiryoseibi660 [@] mail2.adm.kyoto-u.ac.jp
・Titles which are already owned by Kyoto University can be searched via KULINE.
・List of titles which are available to academic institutions
Titles are sorted by platform and classified by type. Please use the classifications to narrow down the lists. Some titles are provided in multiple platforms
*Please note that the files are large, so downloading them may require some time.
*Due to the large size of the files, they may not be viewable on some smartphones and tablets.
[Japanse books] (Excel, approx. 19MB）
On-campus access only
・List1 Provided by the Maruzen eBook Library
・List2 Provided by the KinoDen
(Replaced list on 21.9.2021) Now you can see which titles are available as eBooks in 2021.
(Excel, approx. 9.6MB）
On-campus access only
・List1 Provided by the Brill, the Cambridge, the Oxford, the Taylor & Francis, the Wiley, the World Scientific（titles published after 2016 only）
(Excel, approx. 75MB)
On-campus access only
・List1 Provided by the ProQuest eBook Central（titles published after 2016 only）
・ Although the number of eBooks available to academic institutions is smaller than the number available to individuals, it still comprises a very large number of titles. The lists include only a partial selection of the eBooks that are available, so please do not hesitate to recommend eBooks that are not included in the lists, and we will check their availability.
Your help and cooperation is greatly appreciated. Your recommendations help us to enhance our eBook collection, and will also be used as reference when requesting publishers to provide digital versions of their books.
- [Maintenance] Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive (Dec 8) (2021-12-06)
- [Maintenance]Library Network Service (KULINE) will be suspended from Jan.19th at 10pm to Jan. 20th at 7am (2021-12-06)
- [Workshop] Paper submission: Viewpoint of Academic Publishers & graduate students’ experiences (Dec 15 - 22) (2021-12-01)
- [Main Library] "Book recommendation for you" by grad student staff - Learning Support Desk presents - (Jun 28 - Mar 31) (2021-11-17)
- 【Kyoto Univ. Lib. Network co-sponsored】The 26th Information and Knowledge Forum (2021-11-10)
- [Workshop] Brush up your presentation (Nov 15 - 26) (2021-11-05)
- [ONLINE Lecture] How to use the "eol" database (November 4-15) (2021-11-02)
- [Library Network] Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive: Open Access week 2021 (October 25-31) (2021-10-25)
- 【Workshop】November 1st - 11th "Learning Support Weeks for International Students" - Learning Support Desk presents - (2021-10-19)
- Solved: [Database] Trouble: CNKI unavailable (2021-10-19)