[Library Network] Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive: Sanskrit manuscripts and Ezo-related archives have been newly released
118 titles of Sanskrit manuscripts and Ezo-related archives Ezochi ikken (蝦夷地一件) and Ezo byōgi (蝦夷廟議) held by the Graduate School of Letters have been newly released.
The Sanskrit manuscripts were collected in Nepal and brought back to Japan by Professor Ryozaburo SAKAKI (榊亮三郎, 1872-1946), the initiator of Sanskrit studies in Kyoto Imperial University.
The collection became relegated to the official possession of the Faculty of Letters in 1977, and then, on the occasion of the opening of the manuscripts to the public, A succinct catalogue of the Sanskrit manuscripts in the possession of the Faculty of Letters, Kyoto University compiled by Kiyotaka Goshima and Keiya Noguchi. Society for Indic and Buddhistic Studies, Kyoto University, 1983 was compiled. The descriptions of the catalogue have been cited in the “Note” section of metadata.
Ezochi ikken (蝦夷地一件) was a collection of official documents from 1784 to 1790 concerning the Ezo issue in the Edo shogunate.
Of the seven original volumes, the Graduate School of Letters holds Vol.1-5 including the Vol.1 and Vol.4, which have been missing for a long time. (ref. 岩﨑奈緒子著『近世後期の世界認識と鎖国』)
“蝦夷地一件” Left: Russian merchant and translator of Ezo man, Right: Katana sword
Ezo byōgi (蝦夷廟議) is a collection of official documents from the visit of Laxman, the first Russian envoy to Japan, in 1792.
- Maintenance: E-Journal and Database Authentication System (6/7 13:00～19:00) (2023-06-05)
- Service restored - [Maintenance] Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive (May 24) (2023-05-23)
- [Library Network] About user support during holidays 2023/05/03 - 2023/05/07 (2023-05-02)
- [Library Network] Conditions of Use and Licensing Restrictions for E-Resources (2023-04-25)
- [Library Network] [Important] KULINE (KU Libraries Catalog) will be renewed in August 2023 (2023-04-18)
- [Library Network] KULINE smartphone app and mobile KULINE will be unavailable (2023-04-18)
- Important: E-Journal and Database Authentication System has Changed (2023/4-) (2023-04-04)
- [Library Network] Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive: 41 titles including “大般若波羅蜜多経” from Tanimura Collection of in Main Library have been newly released (2023-03-31)
- 【図書館機構】人権関係図書目録2021-2022を公開しました (2023-03-31)
- [Library Network] Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive: 111 items from the Portrait Collection held by the Kyoto University Museum have been newly released (2023-03-29)