[Library Network] Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive: 1848 items of “Asia depicted on Postcards” donated to the Main Library have been released
1848 items of “Asia depicted on Postcards” donated to the Main Library have been released.
“Asia depicted on Postcards” is a collection of postcards related to Asia that a group of researchers led by Prof. Toshihiko Kishi of the Department of Political and Economic Coexistence, the Center for Southeast Asian Studies, Kyoto University (CEAS) have gathered since 2004. Among these, 1848 postcards and their digital images were donated to the Main Library.
Postcards include not only images but also characters and codes, and sometimes even sounds and moves (with movable parts) and thus have a characteristic of mixed media that stimulates the imagination of their viewers. On the other hand, images on postcards created, censored and sold in Imperial Japan also reflect the intention of their creators, distributors, printers and censorship agencies, which gives them great significance as historical records. This collection’s postcards cover a wide range of areas, such as Japan, China, China (Mongolia), China (Manchuria), Hong Kong, Taiwan, the Korean Peninsula, Southeast Asia, Soviet Union/Russia, Sakhalin, and the Pacific Ocean.
- [Library Network] Conditions of Use and Licensing Restrictions for E-Resources (2023-12-01)
- Solved: [Library Network] Access to American Chemical Society is rejected (2023-11-30)
- Solved: [Library Network] Access to Taylor & Francis is rejected (2023-11-28)
- [Library Network : for KU members] Introduction of the Transformative Agreement for the SpringerLink e-Journal package, and APC Discount (2023-11-20)
- Service restored -[Maintenance] Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive (Oct. 18) (2023-10-12)
- [Library Network] Director General’s Award 2023 (2023-10-05)
- [Maintenance] Library Network Service temporarily stop on October 9th (2023-10-05)
- Service restored -[Maintenance] Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive (Sep. 15-19) (2023-09-13)
- [Library Network : for KU members] Introduction of the Transformative Agreement with Wiley and APC Discount (2023-09-06)
- 【Library Network : for faculty members】Request for recommendations of eBooks for student use in second semester AY2023 (2023-09-01)