[Library Network] Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive: 1848 items of “Asia depicted on Postcards” donated to the Main Library have been released
1848 items of “Asia depicted on Postcards” donated to the Main Library have been released.
“Asia depicted on Postcards” is a collection of postcards related to Asia that a group of researchers led by Prof. Toshihiko Kishi of the Department of Political and Economic Coexistence, the Center for Southeast Asian Studies, Kyoto University (CEAS) have gathered since 2004. Among these, 1848 postcards and their digital images were donated to the Main Library.
Postcards include not only images but also characters and codes, and sometimes even sounds and moves (with movable parts) and thus have a characteristic of mixed media that stimulates the imagination of their viewers. On the other hand, images on postcards created, censored and sold in Imperial Japan also reflect the intention of their creators, distributors, printers and censorship agencies, which gives them great significance as historical records. This collection’s postcards cover a wide range of areas, such as Japan, China, China (Mongolia), China (Manchuria), Hong Kong, Taiwan, the Korean Peninsula, Southeast Asia, Soviet Union/Russia, Sakhalin, and the Pacific Ocean.
- 【Online Workshop】13rd-14th, May "Spring Workshop Series" vol.1 - Learning Support Desk presents - (2021-05-07)
- [ONLINE Lecture] How to use the "eol" database (May 17-24) (2021-05-06)
- 5/6 updated [Library Network] Expanded access to e-resources during the COVID-19 outbreak (2021-05-06)
- [Library Network] About user support during holidays 2021/05/01 - 2021/05/05 (2021-04-30)
- [Library Network] Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive: Images of 2,033 items from Fujikawa Collection were provided for the Database of Pre-Modern Japanese Works (2021-04-21)
- (日本語) 【復旧しました】【図書館機構】問い合わせフォームが利用できません (2021-04-16)
- 【Online Workshop】23rd, April 14:00- "How to use KULINE" (2021-04-14)
- 【Online Workshop】22nd, April 17:00- "Tips on Application for JSPS Research Fellowship for Young Scientists (DC)" - Learning Support Desk presents - (2021-04-14)
- 【New Database Available】Lexis, Oxford English Dictionary Online, ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global, Waka &Haikai Library (2021-04-12)
- [Main Library] Rare Materials exhibited outside Kyoto University during AY2020 (2021-04-08)