The National Diet Library, Japan, (the NDL) launched a Digitized Contents Transmission Service for Individuals.
The Service is available to official registered users of the NDL.
- 2022-5-19 The NDL's Digitized Contents Transmission Service for Individuals to Launch [National Diet Library]
- Digitized Contents Transmission Service for Individuals [National Diet Library]
The Kyoto University Library Network has been working to alert and educate KU researchers about the issue of “predatory journals”. And we have published a new leaflet about this issue.
This leaflet contains the latest information on the increasingly complex methods in which predatory journals operate.
Please take a look at it.
For more information, please visit the following URL:
2022.05.16 User Support Division, Main Library
If you make ILL material request (photocopy, loan) between Apr.28 and May 5, we will process sequentially from May 6.
We are sorry that it takes much longer than the normal term.
[User Support Section, Kyoto University Library]
[Library Network] Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive: A reverse side of Chronicle of the Kamakura Period have been newly released
Additional images 46-56 are now available. (2022/4/25)
Kamakura Nendaiki (鎌倉年代記) is a chronicle of the Kamakura Period. It was formerly owned by the Mibu family and now in the possession of the Main Library.
The front side of the folded book is already available on Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive, and now the reverse side has been digitized and released.
On the front page, each vertical column corresponds to a year, with a summary of the major figures’ appointments and biographies.
The reverse side contains the events of the year corresponding to the front side, and also includes many records not founded in other historical documents.
As of April 25, 2022, Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive provides 1,872,223 images of 23,250 titles.
|Material||Institution||Exhibition||Period (Our materials may be exhibited during part of this period.)|
|坂本龍馬書状（維新特別資料文庫）||The Sakamoto Ryoma Memorial Museum||特別展「龍馬と北の大地」第1部 蝦夷地へのまなざし－龍馬と幕末の志士||Oct. 5 - Dec. 3, 2021|
|癸巳西遊日記（谷村文庫）||Nezu Museum||Special Exhibition Commemorating Designation as an Important Cultural Property Suzuki Kiitsu's Mountain Streams in Summer and Autumn||Nov. 3 - Dec. 19, 2021|
|年中行事（重要文化財）||Saiku Historical Museum||三重とこわか国体・三重とこわか大会記念特別展「斎宮平安五種競技－弓・馬・鞠・鷹・相撲－」||Oct. 2 - Nov. 21, 2021|
万葉集 巻1・9 近衞文庫
[曼朱院本]萬葉集 巻1・6・20 一般貴重書(和)
|Osaka Museum of History||特別展「難波(なにわ)をうたう－万葉集と考古学－」||Oct. 2 - Dec. 5, 2021|
|今昔物語集（鈴鹿本）9冊中2冊（国宝）27・29巻||Kyoto National Museum||Special Exhibition National Treasures of Kyoto: Preserving the Cultural Heritage of Japan's Ancient Capital||Jul. 24 - Sep. 12, 2021|
|［中院日記］ 中院文庫||KARIYA city Museum of History||企画展「歴史へのいざない―佐藤コレクションの魅力―」||Apr. 24 - Jun. 6, 2021|
▼Academic year 2020
▼Academic year 2019
▼Academic year 2018 (Japanese only)
▼Academic year 2017 (Japanese only)
▼Academic year 2016 (Japanese only)
▼Academic year 2015 (Japanese only)
▼Academic year 2014 (Japanese only)
[Main Library][Yoshida South Library] 2022 April Event for Freshers in Main Library & Yoshida South Library
Kyoto University have 40 libraries. There are some events for freshers in Main Library & Yoshida South Library. We are waiting for your coming to the Kyoto University Library!
- Main Library
- Your First Book in Kyoto University Library
- Twitter: Short video for freshers
- Yoshida South Library
- Yoshida-South Library(YSL) Virtual Tour
- Interview with a senior students
Let' join the event!
Your First Book in Kyoto University Library
APRIL 6th – JUNE 30th, 2022
FOR FRESHERS OF KU & ALL STUDENT / STAFF
Please submit the title of your first book in Kyoto University Library and your comment from the form. Let's get the present!
For detail: Seethe poster.
Twitter: Short video for freshers
Everyday in April, we will post the short video for library guidance. Follow our Twitter @kumainlib!
User Support Section, Main Library, Kyoto University
Yoshida-South Library offers the following two types of content.
You can explore what YSL is online.
Watch a video of the tour and take a quiz!
Event dates: April 5th - May 31st
The tour can be accessed via our YouTube channel during the period.
You can access the quiz from the description of the video.
Those who answer all questions correctly will receive an original tote bag (first 50 people only).
They talk about the books recommended by the Yoshida-South Library and how they use the library in their research and studies.
The video is for new students and upper-class students about to start their research.
It is also recommended for all postgraduate students.
Tell: 075-753-6525 Email: a30yslib(at)mail2.adm.kyoto-u.ac.jp
[Main Library] Exhibition: Interactive academic journal "Toitotoi" vol.0 Related book fair (April 5-28)
The service status of the Main Library is as follows.
Current Library Hours
- Weekdays: 8:30 - 21:30 (Open shelves: 8:30 - 21:30, Stack rooms: 9:00 - 20:30)
- Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays: 10:00 - 19:00 (Open shelves: 10:00 - 19:00, Stack rooms: 10:00 - 18:00)
* Please refer to the following website for details: https://www.kulib.kyoto-u.ac.jp/pical?lang=en
* The opening hours on the 3rd floor : Weekdays 9:00 - 21:00 / Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays 10:00 - 18:30
Current Library Services
Please click here for details.
Service Status for Each Period
- The service status of the period: From April 1, 2022 until July 7 is here
- The service status of the period: From February 8, 2022 until March 31 is here
- The service status of the period: From January 11, 2022 until February 7 is here
- The service status of the period: From December 1, 2021 until January 10, 2022 is here
- The service status of the period: From October 1, 2021 to November 30 is here
- The service status of the period: From August 5, 2021 to September 30 is here
- The service status of the period: From July 8, 2021 to August 4 is here
- The service status of the period: From April 8, 2021 to July 7 is here
- The service status of the period: From February 9, 2021 to April 7 is here
- The service status of the period: From January 18, 2021 to February 8 is here
- The service status of the period: From October 19 to January 15, 2021 is here
- The service status of the period: From October 1 to October 16 is here
- The service status of the period: From August 24 to September 30 is here
User Support Division
[Library Network] Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive: 49 plates of map from Kiheitai Nikki (奇兵隊日記) have been newly released
The Kiheitai Nikki (奇兵隊日記) is a record of the activities of the Kiheitai, founded by Takasugi Shinsaku at the end of the Tokugawa shogunate.
It was held by Shinagawa Yajiro (品川弥二郎) at the memorial hall Sonjo-do (尊攘堂). Whole collection of the Sonjo-do was donated to the Main Library in 1900, and became the current “Meiji Restoration Collection.”
The Kiheitai Nikki consists of 27 volumes of bound records, which were already available in our digital archives, and 49 plates of maps.
|Record ID||Title||List NO||Size||Call No|
|RB00033191||[越後国三島郡絵図 ＜その1＞ ]||7||24.5×33.5cm||尊/キ7/貴|
|RB00033198||[越後国三島郡・古志郡長岡町周辺絵図 ＜その1＞ ]||14||31.5×44.5cm||尊/キ7/貴|
|RB00033199||[越後国蒲原郡津川町付近絵図 ＜その1＞ ]||15||40×67.5cm||尊/キ7/貴|
|RB00033202||[越後国蒲原郡東部絵図 ＜その1＞ ]||18||73.5×52cm||尊/キ7/貴|
|RB00033203||[越後津川・会津若松間道路絵図 ＜その1＞ ]||19||39×137cm||尊/キ7/貴|
|RB00033209||[越後国三島郡絵図 ＜その2＞ ]||25||27.5×38.5cm||尊/キ7/貴|
|RB00033210||[越後国三島郡絵図 ＜その3＞ ]||26||40×55.5cm||尊/キ7/貴|
|RB00033212||[越後津川・会津若松間道路絵図 ＜その2＞ ]||28||70×97.5cm||尊/キ7/貴|
|RB00033217||[越後国蒲原郡津川町付近絵図 ＜その2＞ ]||33||24.5×33.5cm||尊/キ7/貴|
|RB00033221||[越後津川・会津若松間道路絵図 ＜その3＞ ]||37||57×65cm||尊/キ7/貴|
|RB00033223||[越後津川・会津若松間道路絵図 ＜その4＞ ]||39||83×71cm||尊/キ7/貴|
|RB00033228||[越後国三島郡・古志郡長岡町周辺絵図 ＜その2＞ ]||44||39×27.5cm||尊/キ7/貴|
|RB00033232||[越後国蒲原郡東部絵図 ＜その2＞ ]||48||83×83cm||尊/キ7/貴|
The digitization of the above-mentioned rare materials has been realized thanks to the Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive Fund.
We sincerely extend our appreciation to their generosity, with our determination to continue this digitization project to preserve and make the best use of our rare materials at the same time, which we believe will lead to the promotion of research and culture.
As of March 31, 2022, Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive provides 1,872,197 images of 23,250 titles.