[Library Network] Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive: the number of Images has surpassed the 1,000,000 mark! (938 new items released)
938 new items have been released in Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive: 477 writings by royalists from "Collage on Folding Screens, Meiji Restoration Collection", and 461 Korean rare books from "Kawai Collection" and others digitized in collaboration with Korea University.
As of December 12, 2018, Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive has 1,047,928 images of 11,350 titles, surpassing the one million mark.
■Collage on Folding Screens (Meiji Restoration Collection) 477 titles
Viscount Yajiro Shinagawa, who had collected relics of late royalists during the Meiji Restoration and founded Sonjodo, organized letters, petitions, memorandums, paintings and poems by the royalists and posted them on folding screens in order to secure their long-term preservation. Presently there exist 23 folding screens among “Meiji Restoration Collection”: 21 consisting of six panels each and the rest, two panels each. The records of the writings in the digital archive include the images of the individual writings and the folding screens on which they are posted.
■Korean Rare Books (Kawai Collection and others) 461 titles
Kawai Collection consists of Korean rare manuscripts and books formerly held by Dr. Hirotami Kawai (1872-1918) who studied mainly history of Korea and its economy. Then Kyoto Imperial University (presently Kyoto University) bought the collection from his family in 1919 and has preserved it since then. The collection is indispensable in the research of Korean society, culture and especially finance, because it covers many fields such as official and private records, politics, economy, religion and customs. The items newly released this time are 461 titles of Korean rare books from Kawai Collection and others digitized under the collaborative project between Kyoto University Library, the Institute for Research in Humanities, Kyoto University and the Research Institute of Korean Studies, Korea University.
- Service restored - [Maintenance] Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive (May 24) (2023-05-23)
- [Library Network] About user support during holidays 2023/05/03 - 2023/05/07 (2023-05-02)
- [Library Network] Conditions of Use and Licensing Restrictions for E-Resources (2023-04-25)
- [Library Network] [Important] KULINE (KU Libraries Catalog) will be renewed in August 2023 (2023-04-18)
- [Library Network] KULINE smartphone app and mobile KULINE will be unavailable (2023-04-18)
- Important: E-Journal and Database Authentication System has Changed (2023/4-) (2023-04-04)
- [Library Network] Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive: 41 titles including “大般若波羅蜜多経” from Tanimura Collection of in Main Library have been newly released (2023-03-31)
- 【図書館機構】人権関係図書目録2021-2022を公開しました (2023-03-31)
- [Library Network] Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive: 111 items from the Portrait Collection held by the Kyoto University Museum have been newly released (2023-03-29)
- [Library Network] Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive: Five of oriental maps and star charts have been newly released (2023-03-29)