【Datebase】ProQuest Historical Newspapers: Chinese Newspapers
ProQuest Historical Newspapers: Chinese Newspapers
[provided by Graduate School of Letters, Graduate School of Law, Institute for Research in Humanities and Graduate School of Human and Environmental Studies, Center for Southeast Asian Studies, Institute for Research in Humanities]
Gain insight into Chinese political and social life during the turbulent 120 year period from 1832 to 1953 with 12 English-language Chinese historical newspapers. Included are critical perspectives on the ending of more than 2,000 years of imperial rule in China, the Taiping Rebellion, the Opium Wars with Great Britain, the Boxer Rebellion and the events leading up to the1911 Xinhai Revolution, and the subsequent founding of the Republic of China. In addition to the article content, the full-image newspapers offer searchable access to advertisements, editorials, cartoons, and classified ads that illuminate history.
Institute for Research in Humanities Library
Please replace (at) with @.
- [ONLINE Lecture] How to use the "eol" database (October 18-25) (2021-10-11)
- Solved:[Trouble] KULINE and MyKULINE are stopping now (2021-09-28)
- [Database] Trouble: CNKI unavailable (2021-09-28)
- 【Library Network : for faculty members】Request for recommendations of eBooks for student use in second semester AY2021 (2021-09-16)
- [Library Network] KULINE RareBooks Search Renewal (2021-09-15)
- Service restored -[Maintenance] Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive (September 21, 2021) (2021-09-13)
- 【Online Workshop】9/10: The recordings of the lectures are available now. / August 2nd - 5th "Graduation Thesis Workshop" - Learning Support Desk presents - (2021-09-10)
- 【Online Workshop】9/10: The recordings of the lectures are available now. / July 12th - 16th "Basic Techniques of Writing a Report" - Learning Support Desk presents - (2021-09-10)
- [Institute for Research in Humanities] [Online] Taiwan Lectures on Chinese Studies: 9/17 (FRI) (2021-09-08)
- 【Online Workshop】9/6: The recordings of the lectures are available now. / 25th-26th, May "Spring Workshop Series" vol.2 - Learning Support Desk presents - (2021-09-06)