【Library Network : for faculty members】Request for recommendations of eBooks for student use in second semester AY2023
※Recommendation form was closed. Thank you for a lot of eBooks recommendations. (October 1, 2023)
The Kyoto University Library Network provides students with eBooks for lectures and their studies.
We would like to ask for your recommendations of eBooks that you think would be useful for students in second semester AY2023.
Persons eligible to make recommendations
All Kyoto University faculty members (Including part-time lecturers)
eBooks eligible for recommendation
・eBooks that will be used for liberal arts and sciences (ILAS) courses in AY 2023, or that will be useful for students taking those courses.
・eBooks that will be used in undergraduate courses in AY 2023, or that will be useful for students taking those courses.
・eBooks that would be useful for undergraduate students studying at home.
*We will purchase books listed in syllabus of ILAS course sequentially. If you need eBook version, please make recommendation from the recommendation form. Not limited to second semester lectures.
* We cannot purchase eBooks which are not sold to academic institutions. Please refer to the list of titles which are sold to academic institutions at the URL below:
eBooks ineligible for recommendation
・Complete works, journals (including back numbers), newspapers
・Study guide, workbooks, self-help books and books of hobbies and practical use
・eBooks that extra costs will be charged next year (ex: contract maintenance fee, platform usage fee)
How to make a recommendation
Recommendation form was closed. Thank you for a lot of eBooks recommendations. Please use
the recommendation form.
*If you wish to recommend more than one, please enter the titles in order of priority.
*eBooks purchased will generally only be accessible by one user at a time.
Deadline for recommendations
From September 1st, 2023 to September 30th, 2023.
*We will proceed with the purchase procedure in the order of recommendation acceptance in consideration of the budget situation.
Estimated date of availability
・eBooks will be available sequentially from mid-September. Please check KULINE of their availability.
*The recommender will be informed only in the case if the recommended eBooks will not be able to be purchased.
Acquisition and Cataloging Section, Kyoto University Library
Email: shiryoseibi660 [@] mail2.adm.kyoto-u.ac.jp
・Titles which are already owned by Kyoto University can be searched via KULINE.
・List of titles which are available to academic institutions
Titles are sorted by platform and classified by type. Please use the classifications to narrow down the lists. Some titles are provided in multiple platforms
*Please note that the files are large, so downloading them may require some time.
*Due to the large size of the files, they may not be viewable on some smartphones and tablets.
[Japanse books] (Excel, approx. 25MB）
On-campus access only
・List1 Provided by the Maruzen eBook Library
・List2 Provided by the KinoDen
・Includes some non-Japanese books
(Excel, approx. 9.8MB）
On-campus access only
・List1 Provided by the Brill, the Cambridge, the Oxford, the Taylor & Francis, the Wiley, the World Scientific（titles published after 2018 only）
(Excel, approx. 93MB)
On-campus access only
・List1 Provided by the ProQuest eBook Central（titles published after 2018 only）
・Includes some Japanese books
・ All lists are last updated on July 2023.
・ Although the number of eBooks available to academic institutions is smaller than the number available to individuals, it still comprises a very large number of titles. The lists include only a partial selection of the eBooks that are available, so please do not hesitate to recommend eBooks that are not included in the lists, and we will check their availability.
Your help and cooperation is greatly appreciated. Your recommendations help us to enhance our eBook collection, and will also be used as reference when requesting publishers to provide digital versions of their books.
- [Library Network] Conditions of Use and Licensing Restrictions for E-Resources (2023-12-01)
- Solved: [Library Network] Access to American Chemical Society is rejected (2023-11-30)
- Solved: [Library Network] Access to Taylor & Francis is rejected (2023-11-28)
- [Library Network : for KU members] Introduction of the Transformative Agreement for the SpringerLink e-Journal package, and APC Discount (2023-11-20)
- Service restored -[Maintenance] Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive (Oct. 18) (2023-10-12)
- [Library Network] Director General’s Award 2023 (2023-10-05)
- [Maintenance] Library Network Service temporarily stop on October 9th (2023-10-05)
- Service restored -[Maintenance] Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive (Sep. 15-19) (2023-09-13)
- [Library Network : for KU members] Introduction of the Transformative Agreement with Wiley and APC Discount (2023-09-06)
- 【Library Network : for faculty members】Request for recommendations of eBooks for student use in second semester AY2023 (2023-09-01)