[Library Network] KULINE's and Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive's metadata now searchable through NDL Search
Starting July 6, KULINE's and Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive's metadata are searchable through NDL Search, which search result directly brings you to the Digital Archive site to see our images.
NDL Search and Kyoto University OPAC KULINE (rare books) have been linked to each other, making rare books' metadata in KULINE searchable through NDL Search. NDL Search's search result includes the URLs of rare books that have been digitized and made open access in Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive, which directly brings you to the Digital Archive site to see our images.
We hope you will frequently visit the Digital Archive site and use the images!
【Main Library】【Learning Support Desk】 July 13th - 22th "Online Report Workshop：Report, LaTeX, Document Management"
Online workshops by Staffs from Learning Support Desk will start.
Workshop topics include "How to write a report", "How to collect and manage document", and "Basics of LaTeX" and more.
The workshops will be held in Japanese, but you can also ask questionsin English.
Please click the link to make reservation.
The following publishers have expanded access to their e-resources to assist students, faculty and researchers, as social distancing is advised to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Please refer to each publisher's website for details.
|AAAS[5/1up]||Content Free to Access (COVID-19 on Science and allied journals)[details]||-|
|American Economic Association[5/1up]||Content Free to Access (all contents)[details]||until |
Aug 31 [extended]
|American Physiological Society||Content Free to Access (COVID-19)[details]||-|
|CAS||Expanded access to SciFinder from off-campus (ID/password required)|| until |
Oct 18 [extended]
|De Gruyter||Free access to approximately 75,000 textbooks(1650-2016) from De Gruyter |
and partner publishers sequentially (requires access from campus or e-journal plug-in)[details]
| until |
July 31 [extended]
|Elsevier||Content Free to Access (COVID-19)[details]||-|
|Guilford Press||Content Free to Access (all contents)[details]||until July 31|
|IEEE||Content Free to Access (COVID-19)[details]||-|
|JoVE||Content Free to Access (COVID-19)[details]||-|
|JSTOR||Content Free to Access (COVID-19 and public health)[details]||until |
Dec 31 [extended]
|KinoDen [5/15up]||Expanding Simultaneous Access to some of the subscribed e-books up to 50[details]||until July 31|
|Maruzen eBook Library [4/17up]||Expanding Simultaneous Access to some of the subscribed e-books to 50[details]||until July 31|
|Mary Ann Liebert[5/1up]||Content Free to Access (COVID-19)[details]||-|
|Microbiology Society||Content Free to Access (all contents)[details]||-|
|New England Journal of Medicine||Content Free to Access (COVID-19 and clinical education)[details]||-|
|Oxford University Press||Content Free to Access (COVID-19)[details]||-|
Oxford University Press [4/17up]
Content Free to Access (eBooks, Review Articles, etc.) as follows
|until July 13|
|Project MUSE||Expanded access to content [details]||-|
|Royal Society||Content Free to Access (all contents) [details]||-|
|SAGE||Content Free to Access (COVID-19)[details]||-|
|SIAM||Content Free to Access (Epidemiology)[details]||-|
|SpringerNature||Content Free to Access (COVID-19)[details]||-|
|SpringerNature||Content Free to Access (500+ textbooks)[details]||until July 31|
|Taylor & Francis||Content Free to Access (COVID-19) [details]||-|
|Taylor & Francis [4/17up]||Free Access to Taylor & Francis eBooks except some |
(requires access from campus or e-journal plug-in)
|until July 12|
|University of Chicago Press||Content Free to Access (COVID-19 and some journals as below)[details]|
Bulletin American Schools Oriental Research / Classical Philology / Ethics / History of Religions / International Journal of American Linguistics / Isis / Journal of Cuneiform Studies / Journal of Labor Economics / Journal of Law & Economics / Journal of Legal Studies / Journal of Modern History / Journal of Near Eastern Studies / Journal of Religion / Philosophy of Science / The Journal of Geology / The Library Quarterly
|Wiley||Content Free to Access (COVID-19) [details]||-|
Archive Collections free to access as follows (requires access from campus or e-journal plug-in)
You can search across HERE.
|until June 30|
|Zassaku Plus [6/17up]||Expanding Simultaneous Access to Zasshi Kiji Sakuin Shusei (Zassaku Plus) (1→3)||until Mar 31, 2021|
|Nikkei BP[4/30up]||Expanded access to Nikkei BP Kiji Kensaku Service (Academic Edition) from off-campus (e-journal plug-in required) |
*There is an annual limit on the number of articles to be downloaded. Please read only what you need.
|NetAdvance||Expanding Simultaneous Access to JapanKnowledge Lib to 50|| until |
July 31 [extended]
The followings have expired.
|Annual Reviews||Content Free to Access (all contents)[details]|| until |
|Association for Computing Machinery [4/17up]||Free Access to ACM Digital Library (all contents)[details]|
|Cambridge University Press[5/1up]||Content Free to Access (700+ textbooks (Online View only) and COVID-19) on Cambridge Core [details]|| |
|EBSCO||Unlimited Access to EBSCO eBooks[details]|
|EBSCO||Unlimited Access to the following databases:|
Philosopher's Index with Full Text / CINAHL / EconLit with Full Text
|Geological Society of America||Content Free to Access (all e-books on GeoScienceWorld)[details]|
|ProQuest||Unlimited Access to Ebook Central [details]|
|Wolters Kluwer [4/23up]||Providing Guest Passes for UpToDate access (individual sign-up required)[details]|
|Asahi Shimbun Company [4/23up]||Expanding Simultaneous Access to Kikuzo II (3→53)|| |
＊Posted: 24 Mar 2020
[Kyoto University Library Electronic Resources Team]
Katsura Library and Libraries of Faculty of Engineering (Yoshida) have started to place a hold service for KU members.
Users can apply for the service through MyKULINE.
Please refer to the following.
- Search KULINE and click the “Reserve” button and login to MyKULINE.
*You can reserve items which is NOT "on loan" if the “Reserve” button is attached on it.
- On the “Request Confirmation”, if the request details are correct, click the “Submit”.
*Although the system shows as if the receiving place is the holding library, the actual receiving place is Katsura Library or the Library of Architecture in Yoshida campus.
*If you want to deliver the Katsura Library items to Yoshida campus, please input "Receive at Yoshida campus" in "Note" field. If you want to deliver the items in 5 Libraries of faculty of engineering in Yoshida campus to Katsura Library, please input "Receive at Katsura Library" in "Note" field.
- If you are notified by the library your reserved item is available, please come and pick it up.
*You can pick up the item at the Library of Architecture(Yoshida) from 13:00 to 16:00.
- This service is only for Kyoto University members.
- This is a temporary service to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
- 5 Libraries of faculty of engineering in Yoshida campus are closed now. The Library of Architecture is open only as a delivery counter. The reading room and stacks are not available.
- For the convenience of the system, we check them out before the delivery. The delivery period is included in the loan period.
- If you want to extend the loan period, you can renew the due date through MyKULINE unless other users have reserved them. The times to extend the period are increased from the normal rule.
- For return please come to Katsura Library or use the return boxes. Return boxes are placed at Katsura Library and Libraries of faculty of engineering in Yoshida campus except Electrical and Electronic Engineering Library. You can also return them by postal mail or other delivery services. (Users are to pay the delivery fee.)
- If you want to receive at other than Katsura Library or the Library of Architecture(Yoshida), please make a Loan request (ILL) as before.
- If you want to place a hold request for the items without the "Reserve" button,send an e-mail to the below address.
State "Request for placing hold" in the subject and write your name, student ID, title, volume number and material ID in the mail body.
Go to "Place a Hold Service" page for details.
Because of the prevention of the spread of COVID-19, students have to take classes online and have to learn at home. For that reason, Kyoto University Library Network carries out urgent e-book purchases to make students’ learning more effectively. Please request e-books which are thought to be necessary for students.
- Eligible Applicants
- Faculty members in Kyoto University (Including part-time lecturers)
- E-books You Can Request
- E-books which you are planning to use in Liberal Arts and Sciences (ILAS) courses of AY 2020.
- E-books which are thought to be useful when undergraduate students learn at home.
- Application Period
By 10th July, 2020 By 30th June, 2020
- Price (excluding tax): Total 10,000 yen per person
- We may not be able to purchase e-books :
- Extra costs will be charged next year (ex: contract maintenance fee, platform usage fee)
- Due to the limitation on budget
- We preferentially purchase e-books which are planned to be used in Liberal Arts and Sciences (ILAS) courses.
- How to request
- Please apply from the application form at the URL below
- Please apply from the application form at the URL below
[Kyoto University Library, Acquisition and Cataloging Section]