[Kyoto University Library Network] Plug-in required to be authenticated to access e-resources
The students, faculty members, staff and other members of Kyoto University are entitled to access e-resources, such as e-journals, e-books and databases, for which Kyoto University entered into contract with their providers and publishers. In order to access the e-resources, the installment of a designated plug-in is required. This plug-in allows you to be authenticated to access the e-resources from the campus and even from home without other change of settings of your PC or network. Please note that you cannot access the e-resources from a browser without the plug-in.
OS: Windows, MacOS or Linux
Browser: Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
Download Site of the Plug-in
https://ninsho-log4.kulib.kyoto-u.ac.jp/plugin/plguide.html (ECS-ID/SPS-ID required)
How to Install/Use
Please make sure to read the following documents before installing the plug-in.
Guide to "e-Resources Access Authentication System" Firefox-en Ver.1.07 (ECS-ID/SPS-ID required)
Guide to "e-Resources Access Authentication System" Google Chrome-en Ver.1.05 (ECS-ID/SPS-ID required)
- The plug-in doesn't support access from other browsers or devices than the above mentioned to which the plug-in cannot be installed, such as smartphones and tablet devices (iOS/Android).
- Please do not activate reference management software, while you are accessing the e-resources using the plug-in, because the plug-in doesn't support the use of such software. (The plug-in might interrupt the function of some reference management software, such as EndNote desktop, to import data from e-resources platforms.)
- When you use one of PC terminals equipped in Satellite Classrooms and Open Space Laboratories (OSL), you can access the e-resources by clicking a shortcut "Mozilla Firefox (e-resources)".
- Security software ESET Endpoint Protection Advanced might interrupt the installment or update of the plug-in. Please refer to the site below for details.
The Purpose of the e-Journal and Database Authentication System
Please refer to the Guide to e-Journal and Database Authentication System.
- 9/23 updated [Library Network]The change of service measures to prevent spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) (2020-09-24)
- 【Online Workshop】How to use online reference management software"EndNote Basic"(9/29,13:30-) (2020-09-18)
- Service restored - [Maintenance] Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive (September 16, 2020) (2020-09-10)
- 【Library Network : for faculty members】Request for recommendations of eBooks for student use in the second semester (2020-09-09)
- 8/26 updated [Library Network] Expanded access to e-resources during the COVID-19 outbreak (2020-09-01)
- [Service Restored][Library Network] Services provided by Library Network will be temporarily suspended on Sept. 6, 2020 (2020-08-18)
- 【附属図書館】終了しました：臨時自習室 空席情報のお知らせ (2020-08-17)
- [Library Network] Study Room available at the Clock Tower Centennial Hall (2020-08-06)
- 【Main Library】【Learning Support Desk】 July 13th - 22th "Online Report Workshop：Report, LaTeX, Document Management" (2020-08-06)
- Metadata of some collections in Kyoto University Digital Archive System "Peek" have been Released in KURENAI (2020-08-05)