[Kyoto University Library Network] Plug-in required to be authenticated to access e-resources
The students, faculty members, staff and other members of Kyoto University are entitled to access e-resources, such as e-journals, e-books and databases, for which Kyoto University entered into contract with their providers and publishers. In order to access the e-resources, the installment of a designated plug-in is required. This plug-in allows you to be authenticated to access the e-resources from the campus and even from home without other change of settings of your PC or network. Please note that you cannot access the e-resources from a browser without the plug-in.
OS: Windows, MacOS or Linux
Browser: Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
Download Site of the Plug-in
https://ninsho-log4.kulib.kyoto-u.ac.jp/plugin/plguide.html (ECS-ID/SPS-ID required)
How to Install/Use
Please make sure to read the following documents before installing the plug-in.
Guide to "e-Resources Access Authentication System" Firefox-en Ver.1.07 (ECS-ID/SPS-ID required)
Guide to "e-Resources Access Authentication System" Google Chrome-en Ver.1.05 (ECS-ID/SPS-ID required)
- The plug-in doesn't support access from other browsers or devices than the above mentioned to which the plug-in cannot be installed, such as smartphones and tablet devices (iOS/Android).
- Please do not activate reference management software, while you are accessing the e-resources using the plug-in, because the plug-in doesn't support the use of such software. (The plug-in might interrupt the function of some reference management software, such as EndNote desktop, to import data from e-resources platforms.)
- When you use one of PC terminals equipped in Satellite Classrooms and Open Space Laboratories (OSL), you can access the e-resources by clicking a shortcut "Mozilla Firefox (e-resources)".
- Security software ESET Endpoint Protection Advanced might interrupt the installment or update of the plug-in. Please refer to the site below for details.
The Purpose of the e-Journal and Database Authentication System
Please refer to the Guide to e-Journal and Database Authentication System.
- [Katsura] Event: 100 Academic Librarians in University (2023-02-02)
- 【eBook】Maruzen eBook Library Change of usage ( Download Function ) (2023-01-31)
- [Database] Scopus subscription expires ( March 31, 2023 ) (2023-01-31)
- 【Library Network : for faculty members】Request for recommendations of eBooks for student use in first semester AY2023 (2023-01-27)
- [Library Network] The "Spaces for self-study" list is available on the Library Network website. (2023-01-11)
- Important: [Setup Manual available] E-Journal and Database Authentication System will Change (2023-01-04)
- [Maintenance] Ebook Central (Jan. 8) (2022-12-28)
- [Replace] Visible Body → Visible Body Web Suite (2022-12-28)
- [Workshop]Paper submission: Viewpoint of Academic Publishers (Dec 2 - 16) (2022-12-26)
- [Library Network] About user support during holidays 2022/12/29 - 2023/01/03 (2022-12-26)