[Kyoto University Library Network] Plug-in required to be authenticated to access e-resources
The students, faculty members, staff and other members of Kyoto University are entitled to access e-resources, such as e-journals, e-books and databases, for which Kyoto University entered into contract with their providers and publishers. In order to access the e-resources, the installment of a designated plug-in is required. This plug-in allows you to be authenticated to access the e-resources from the campus and even from home without other change of settings of your PC or network. Please note that you cannot access the e-resources from a browser without the plug-in.
OS: Windows, MacOS or Linux
Browser: Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
Download Site of the Plug-in
https://ninsho-log4.kulib.kyoto-u.ac.jp/plugin/plguide.html (ECS-ID/SPS-ID required)
How to Install/Use
Please make sure to read the following documents before installing the plug-in.
Guide to "e-Resources Access Authentication System" Firefox-en Ver.1.07 (ECS-ID/SPS-ID required)
Guide to "e-Resources Access Authentication System" Google Chrome-en Ver.1.05 (ECS-ID/SPS-ID required)
- The plug-in doesn't support access from other browsers or devices than the above mentioned to which the plug-in cannot be installed, such as smartphones and tablet devices (iOS/Android).
- Please do not activate reference management software, while you are accessing the e-resources using the plug-in, because the plug-in doesn't support the use of such software. (The plug-in might interrupt the function of some reference management software, such as EndNote desktop, to import data from e-resources platforms.)
- When you use one of PC terminals equipped in Satellite Classrooms and Open Space Laboratories (OSL), you can access the e-resources by clicking a shortcut "Mozilla Firefox (e-resources)".
- Security software ESET Endpoint Protection Advanced might interrupt the installment or update of the plug-in. Please refer to the site below for details.
The Purpose of the e-Journal and Database Authentication System
Please refer to the Guide to e-Journal and Database Authentication System.
- [Library Network]“THE TETSUGAKU KENKYU” is available on KURENAI (since 1916, over 600 volumes) (2022-05-24)
- The NDL's Digitized Contents Transmission Service for Individuals to Launch (2022-05-19)
- [Library Network] Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive: Important Cultural Property "Dainihonshi hensan kiroku" vol.15-20 (G.S. Letters) newly released (2022-05-17)
- [Library Network] Caution Regarding Predatory Journals (2022 update) (2022-05-16)
- Service restored -[Maintenance] Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive (May 17) (2022-05-13)
- (日本語) 【図書館機構】オープンアクセス推進事業成果報告会(3/10)のスライド資料と録画を公開しました (2022-05-02)
- [Library Network] Conditions of Use and Licensing Restrictions for E-Resources (2022-04-28)
- [Library Network] About user support during holidays 2022/04/29 - 2022/05/05 (2022-04-27)
- [Library Network] Kyoto University Rare Materials Digital Archive: A reverse side of Chronicle of the Kamakura Period have been newly released (2022-04-21)
- 【New Database Available】Le Monde (1944-2000)・Newsweek Archive (1933-2012) ・"Diamond Weekly" (1913-2019)・"Economist" (1960s-2020) (2022-04-18)