How to use e-resources
last updated : 2023/3/31
Please refer to "Guide to the E-Journal and Database Authentication System" (for on-campus use only) for the background of the introduction of the new authentication system.
With the new authentication system, you can use the system not only on campus, but also from off-campus environments such as home.
You can check the details of contracts here.
Please note that if you do not agree the agreement of the new authentication system at the first time,
you will not be able to use most of the e-journals and databases.
The Purpose of the e-Journal and Database Authentication System
Please refer to the Guide to e-Journal and Database Authentication System.
Setup and usage manual (by browser)
Agree the agreement and link to bookmarklet setting site
- Authentication is required each time you use the system.
- If the URL after using the authentication system goes outside the range of kyoto-u.idm.oclc.org, which is the range of Kyoto University, please click the bookmarklet accordingly.
- If the content is not subscribed to by Kyoto University, or if the content is not accessible via the new authentication system, you will not be able to access it even if the URL is rewritten.
- Even if the electronic resource is accessible, the bookmarklet may not work and you may not be able to view it. In this case, please search again from KULINE (Kyoto University Library Catalog), Discovery (Integrated Search Service), ArticleLinker (Kyoto University), Library Organization E-Journals and E-Books List, Database List, etc., and click the bookmarklet.
- If you have trouble using the bookmarklet for a database, please access it from the database list.
- Use for purposes other than personal use, large volume downloading beyond the scope of personal use, reproduction, or redistribution is prohibited. Please be aware that you may be subject to penalties such as having access to the entire university blocked.
Access by methods other than bookmarklet
If you can agree the agreement and set up bookmarklet, no further settings are required.
If you have completed the initial consent, you can also use the service from some "KULINE", "Discovery", "Kyoto University Article Linker", "E-Journal/E-Book List", and "Database List".
If you wish to use the Kyoto University network from off-campus, please use the off-campus connection service provided by the Information Environment Organization (Academic Center for Computing and Media Studies).
Please refer to the following links for configuration manuals for each OS.
Off-Campus Access｜Organization for Information Environment, Kyoto University
How to check the licence of e-resources
2. ...And check if Remote Access is allowed or not.
- ◎Yes : Remote access is allowed.
- ×No : Remote access is not allowed.
- (Blank) : Unknown = Remote access is not recommended.