- A -
- Academic Search Ultimate [EBSCOhost]
...No limit ...Full-text databases ...General - Whole Field
This database which covers virtually every area of academic study offers full text for nearly 10,000 scholarly journals, including nearly 9,000 peer-reviewed titles.
- ACM Digital Library: Proceeding
...No limit ...Full-text databases ...Computer and Information
177 Proceedings of ACM (Association for Computing Machinery).
- ACM Online Guide to Computing Literature
...No limit ...1970s- ...Bibliographic datas, Abstracts, Indexes ...Computer and Information
The database, provided by ACM(Association for Computing Machinery), enables you to search about 300,000 article bibliography of the world's computer science journals (Mid. 1970'-).
...No limit ...1979- ...Monthly ...Bibliographic datas, Abstracts, Indexes ...Bioscience
Produced by the National Agricultural Library, AGRICOLA indexes more than 2,000 serial titles as well as books, pamphlets, conference proceedings, research reports, government documents, monographs, theses, patents, software, audiovisual content, and microforms pertaining to all aspects of agriculture.
The topics covered in this database include: agriculture, agronomy, animal science, biology, biotechnology, botany, breeding, chemistry, conservation, crop management, dairy science, ecology, entomology, farm management, feed science, fertilizers, food and nutrition, forestry, horticulture, hydrology, hydroponics, microbiology, nutrition, pesticides, physiology, plant science, pollution, soil science, water quality, and zoology.
AGRICOLA contains citations to approximately 2 million records, both in English and non-English, with over 100,000 records added annually.
- Advances in Polymer Science [SpringerLink Book Series] [provided by Yukawa Institute For Theoretical Physics]
...No limit ...2010 ...Full-text databases ...Physics
- AGROPEDIA [FREE]
...No limit ...Bibliographic datas, Abstracts, Indexes / Full-text databases / Library catalogs ...General - Technology
AGROPEDIA is a useful site for studies of agriculture, forestry and fisheries such as bibliographic information, full-text archives and Numerical datas. It is provided by Tsukuba Office, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Research Council Secretariat.
■ Main Contents
...No limit ...1975- ...Quarterly ...Bibliographic datas, Abstracts, Indexes ...Bioscience
AGRIS, the International System for the Agricultural Sciences and Technology, is an international bibliographic database. The database contains the collections from the participating national, intergovernmental, or international centres which they submit on a regular basis for publishing, to the AGRIS/CARIS and Documentation Group in WAICENT/FAOINFO, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), Rome, Italy.
- American Antiquarian Society (AAS) Historical Periodicals Collection [EBSCOhost]
...1684-1912 ...Full-text databases ...History
The AAS Historical Periodicals Collection contains more than 6,500 historical periodical titles dating from 1693 to 1877.
■This Collection was released in five series.
- Series 1 : Series 1 contains a limited data set from the extensive collection at the American Antiquarian Society, the premier library documenting the life of America's people from the Colonial Era through the Civil War and Reconstruction.
- Series 2 : Series 2 presents over 1000 titles dating from 1821 through 1837. The collection represents over two centuries of print culture, ranging from early works imported by the colonists to later titles published on American soil on the eve of the Revolution and during the early republic. The subject matter covered in Series 2 represents the era of Jacksonian Democracy, with a broad range of topics including agriculture, entertainment, history, literary criticism, and politics.
- Series 3 : Series 3 presents over 1,700 titles dating from 1838 through 1852. The themes presented in Series 3 reveal a rapidly growing young nation, where industrialization, the railroads, regional political differences, and life on the western frontier were daily realities. Subjects covered in the collection reach into every facet of American life, including science, literature, medicine, agriculture, women’s fashion, family life, and religion.
- Series 4 : Series 4 presents over 1,100 titles dating from 1853 through 1865. While the Civil War is a focal point of the collection, we also find a diverse record of the continuance of daily life for many Americans—both leading up to and during the war. News from the battlefront can be found, in addition to the usual breadth of subject matter found in previous collections that include science, literature, medicine, agriculture, women’s fashion, family life, and religion.
- Series 5 : Series 5 presents over 2,500 titles dating from 1866 through 1912. The themes presented in Series 5 reflect a nation that persevered through a most difficult set of circumstances: a bloody civil war that claimed hundreds of thousands of lives; the incorporation of the recently-freed African Americans into American life; a population that rapidly expanded into the Western territories. Broad subject areas covered in the collection reach into every facet of American life, including science, literature, medicine, agriculture, women’s fashion, family life, and religion.
- American Doctoral Dissertations 1933-1955 [EBCSOhost] [FREE]
...No limit ...1933-1955 ...Bibliographic datas, Abstracts, Indexes / Theses ...General - Whole Field
American Doctoral Dissertations, 1933-1955 is a free database providing access to the only comprehensive record of dissertations accepted by American universities during that time period, the print index Doctoral Dissertations Accepted by American Universities. Containing nearly 100,000 citations, American Doctoral Dissertations, 1933-1955, provides full page images of the original print index, and may be searched by author, title, subject and university.
- AMED : Allied and Complementary Medicine [OvidSP]
...1 ...1985- ...Monthly ...Bibliographic datas, Abstracts, Indexes ...Medicine
The database about health care & alternative healthcare. (offered by the Fac of Medicine)
- Architectural Digest Archive [EBSCOhost]
...1922-2011 ...Full-text databases ...General - Technology
The Architectural Digest Archive presents an extensive collection of the famed international design magazine from its early issues in the 1920s through 2011, in a comprehensive cover-to-cover format.
- Archives Unbound [Gale] [provided by Graduate School of Letters / Center for Southeast Asian Studies / Graduate School of Human and Environmental Studies]
...No limit ...Full-text databases ...History
This database presents topically-focused digital collections of historical documents.
■ It includes the following collections.
- The Chinese Recorder and the Protestant Missionary Community in China, 1867-1941 :
Along with spreading knowledge of Western religion and technology, the Christian missionaries in China during the 19th century spread knowledge of Western religion and technology. This collection contains a complete run of the Chinese Recorder, an important missionary journal which was first published in Fuzhou in 1867 and then in Shanghai from 1874 till 1941.
- Global Missions and Theology :
This collection documents the broad range of Nineteenth Century religious missionary activities, practices and thought in the United States by reproducing pivotal personal narratives, organizational records, and biographies of the essential leaders, simple missionaries, and churches. This collection includes materials on missionary activities among Native Americans and African Americans, both slaves and freedmen. In addition, it highlights activities in far-flung regions and countries, such as Africa, Fiji and Sandwich Islands, India, China, Southeast Asia, Japan, and Hawaii.
- Hindu Conspiracy Cases: Activities of the Indian Independence Movement in the U.S., 1908-1933 :
During World War I, Indian nationalists took advantage of Great Britain’s preoccupation with the European war by attempting to foment revolution in India to overthrow British rule. Their activities were aided politically and financially by the German Government. Indian nationalists in the United States were active in the independence movement effort through fundraising, arms buying, and propagandizing through the Hindustan Ghadar newspaper published in San Francisco.
- Indian Army and Colonial Warfare on the Frontiers of India, 1914-1920 :
For generations of British and Indian Officers and men, the North-West Frontier was the scene of repeated skirmishes and major campaigns against the trans-border Pathan tribes who inhabited the mountainous no-man’s land between India and Afghanistan. This collection contains Army Lists; Orders; Instructions; Regulations; Acts; Manuals; Strength Returns; Orders of Battle; Administration Summaries; organization, commissions, committees, reports, maneuvers; departments of the Indian Army; and regimental narratives. This collection is a welcome addition to the new-flourishing literature on the military history of South Asia and the growing field of serious study of the British military experience in India.
- Indochina, France, and the Viet Minh War, 1945-1954: Records of the U.S. State Department, Part 1: 1945-1949 :
Comprising records of the State Department's Central Classified Files, this collection contains records relating to the internal affairs of Indochina, during the period 1945-49. The records include instructions sent to and correspondence received by the State Department; the State Department's internal documentation, as well as correspondence between the Department and other federal departments and agencies, Congress, and private individuals and organizations; telegrams, airgrams, instructions, inquiries, studies, memoranda, situation reports, translations, special reports, plans, and official and unofficial correspondence.
- The International Women's Movement: The Pan Pacific Southeast Asia Women's Association of the USA, 1950-1985 :
Formerly known as the Pan Pacific Women's Association of the U.S.A., the Pan Pacific and Southeast Asia Women's Association was founded in 1930 to strengthen international understanding and friendship among the women of Asia and the Pacific and women of the U.S.A. The group promoted cooperation among women of these regions for the study and improvement of social, economic, and cultural conditions; engaged in studies on Asian and Pacific affairs; provided hospitality to temporary residents and visitors from Pacific and Asian areas; and presented programs of educational and social interest, dealing with the customs and cultures of Asian and Pacific countries.
- 19th Century English-Language Journals from the Far East :
This collection provides researchers with six rare English-language journals, five of which were founded by Western missionaries in the Far East in the 19th century, covering a wide range of topics such as East-West communication, Christianity in China and other parts of Asia, and China's political, economic, and cultural landscape.
- The Russian Civil War and American Expeditionary Forces in Siberia, 1918-20 :
This collection reproduces important letters, reports, memorandums, cablegrams, maps, charts, and other kinds of records relating to the activities of the American Expeditionary Forces in Siberia (hereafter, AEF in Siberia), 1918-20.
- U.S. Civilian Advisory Effort in Vietnam: U.S. Operations Mission, 1950-1954 :
This collection consists of unique records of U.S. agencies established to intervene in Vietnam-the country U.S. foreign policy deemed a lynchpin in the free world’s fight against communism. The Subject Files from the Office of the Director, U.S. Operations Missions, document the myriad concerns and rationales that went into the control and direction of U.S. economic and technical assistance programs, as well as the coordination of mutual security activities,Archives Unbound - About this Collection with respect to Vietnam.
- U.S. Relations and Policies in Southeast Asia, 1944-1958: Records of the Office of Southeast Asian Affairs :
This collection identifies the key issues, individuals, and events in the history of U.S.-Southeast Asia relations between 1944 and 1958, and places them in the context of the complex and dynamic regional strategic, political, and economic processes that have fashioned the American role in Southeast Asia.
- Shanghai Municipal Council: The Municipal Gazette, 1908-1942
The Municipal Gazette provides a unique window into the workings of the Shanghai International Settlement during the period of revolution, the Republic, internationalization of Shanghai, national uprising, and world war.
- The Chinese Recorder and the Protestant Missionary Community in China, 1867-1941 :