Access to e-Resources for your study at home
Expanded free access to e-journals and how to access e-resources [KU members only]
An increasing number of publishers are expanding free access to their services in order to support students' study at home or to make more information on countermeasures against the new coronavirus available to the public, as social distancing is advised in many countries. Please make the best use of these services.
- [Library Network] Access to e-resources expanded during the COVID-19 public health emergency
Kyoto University Library Network is proceeding to increase a number of e-books. For example, e-books which are recommended from professors as textbooks or references of ILAS and undergraduate courses.
- You can search e-books on KULINE.
Kyoto University Library Network provides a large number of e-resources available online, such as e-journals, databases and e-books, many of which are accessible even from home. We hope these e-resources will be helpful for your study at home.
- E-Journals & E-Books List
Before accessing the e-resources, please note that:
- You need to set up the authentication system to your web browser to be authenticated to access e-resources for which Kyoto University entered into contracts with their publishers and providers.
- You can access many of the e-resources from home via the authentication system.
- How to use e-resources
- Guide to E-Journal and Database Authentication System *On campus access only
Please also refer to the following general information on the use of e-resources from outside of the university campus:
- How to use e-journals / databases via KUINS-VPN remote access service
- How to check the licence of e-resources
Actions against the terms and conditions of use of e-resources are strictly prohibited. The prohibited actions include but are not limited to downloading of a large amount of data and reproducing/distributing of data. Please refer to the following document for more details:
- [Library Network] Conditions of Use and Licensing Restrictions for E-Resources
- Prohibited actions in using e-resources *On campus access only
(Replace ** with @)